Have you ever wanted to search and IM with your friends at the same time ? Or even better, drag and drop news results and share them with your buddies while chatting it up? If you have, great news : this functionality is now available through Messenger !
Joseph Yao, a program manager working on the Search Activity, guest posts to explain it all:
What do you share with your friend when you’re chatting?
Your well-wishing for coming holiday?
Your album of recent travel in China?
Have you ever tried to share a link with them?
"Yes, of course. I’m a shopping expert. My friends often ask me where they can buy the most popular fashionable dress. I will search on the web, find it and send the web page link to them."
Aha, then I guess you must have to copy/paste the link and close some browser window after you share it with your friend. Don’t you feel anything inconvenience doing so?
Fortunately, I never need to do so when I want to share such kind of things with my friend. My secret is……
Search in Messenger!
How to use it:
- Open a conversation window
- Hit "Activities"
- Select the top one: Search
- Input some keyword, and then Go!
- It’s a single user activity. Your friend won’t need to accept anything when you want to search.
- Now available on Windows Live Messenger Beta and MSN Messenger.
- Currently only available in the US, United Kingdom, Australia, Germany, France, Spain, Italy, Japan.
- Spell check
- Image Search
- More and more available countries