Hey Gamers … If you have an XBOX 360, you can now IM with your friends on Windows Live Messenger from the console. Way Cool!
Using Xbox 360, you can connect with your Microsoft® Windows® Live Messenger community directly from your television. Text chats with friends and family are integrated between the Xbox 360, PCs, and mobile devices.
The integration of Windows Live Messenger lets you:
- Combine your Xbox LIVE Friends and Windows Live Messenger contacts on your console, and see where they overlap.
- Broadcast what you are doing on your Xbox console to your PC contacts.
- See which contacts play Xbox 360.
- Have as many as six multiparty conversations at one time.
- Participate in a conversation within the Xbox Guide or while watching video, navigating the dashboard, or playing a game.
Set Up Windows LIVE Messenger on Xbox 360
You can set up Windows LIVE Messenger on Xbox 360 with the Windows LIVE ID associated with your Xbox LIVE account.
To set up Windows LIVE Messenger:
- Turn on your Xbox 360 console with no disc in the tray and go the Xbox LIVE area of the Xbox Dashboard.
- Select Chat and IM.
- Select the Messenger tab.
- Select Continue.
- Select Sign Up for Messenger. The Windows LIVE Messenger welcome screen is displayed.
If you sign up for Messenger on Xbox LIVE, your gamertag will be visible to your Windows LIVE Messenger contacts.
- Select Continue. The Windows LIVE ID field automatically populates with the Windows Live ID that’s associated with your Xbox LIVE account.
- Type your password and select Done.
- Select Save Password or Don’t Save.
If you decide not to save your password, you will need to enter it each time you sign in to Messenger on Xbox LIVE.
- Select Continue.
If you have Windows LIVE Messenger contacts who also have signed up for Messenger on Xbox LIVE but are not already on your Xbox Friends list, a list appears with contacts who you can invite to become Xbox LIVE friends.
- Choose which contacts you want to invite to your Friends list, and select Done.