Recently I read a blog entry on blogs.msdn.com from Sukesh which reminded me of this cool application written by our friends at Microsoft China: MSN Cartoon beta. It creates emotive cartoon characters based on a picture. The application has been around for a little while, but I thought it was worth mentioning since it’s not well known.
note: It’s important to mention that the entire website & application is in Chinese, which may be challenging if you don’t know how to read it … However, if you are adventurous and don’t mind experimenting, I found the website fairly straight forward to use once you have it installed.
Here’s some tips for installing:
1. Go to http://cartoon.msn.com.cn/
2. Click the round button to get started
3. Click the button with the wand to download MSN Cartoon Beta
4. Choose the first bullet to accept the User License Agreement. Click The first button to Accept & start the install.
5. Once the application is installed, you can start using it. From here, you can follow along with Sukesh’s video by starting back on the main webpage. NOTE: First use may require you to "Run the ActiveX control". If you see a bar like the below pop up, right click and select "Run ActiveX Control"